Thursday 29 May 2014

Bachelor of Applied Management (Design) Testimonials 2014


"Having recently completed a Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Graphic Design at the Nepean Arts and Design Centre, I wanted to continue study at a University level, and in my field. Additionally, I wanted to investigate the potential for marketing myself both as a designer and a potential employee - the BAMD as presented to me was intended to bridge the skills gap between completing the Advanced Diploma and applying for senior positions.

The BAMD provides a framework for both developing your own business and increasing your employability, both in a senior role or as an entrepreneur - with focus on Project Management, Entrepreneurship, Marketing and International Business, a grounding in Accounting and deeper studies in Design - Theory, Skills and Concepts. 

I cannot recommend the BAMD highly enough to any graphic designer wishing to promote themselves or further their career in the industry. The ability to get recognised prior learning for the Diploma and Advanced Diploma is also very welcome - essentially I can get my degree in two and a half years."

Morgan Boehringer
__________

"This course has greatly expanded my understanding of the business world and I now feel equipped to operate with confidence in business environments"
Mark Wotherspoon
__________

Hello, my name is Catherine Bolton and I live at Blaxland located in the beautiful Blue Mountains. I started a journey of design discovery in 2008 with Nepean Arts and Design Centre (NADC) Western Sydney TAFE and successfully attained an Advance Diploma in Interior Design. By undertaking this study I found my passion in life and would not think of doing anything else.

Currently I am back studying to complete a degree in the Bachelor of Applied Business Management (Design) offered by Western Sydney’s TAFE. It is great to be in a familiar environment with the same dedicated teachers as mentors helping in this stage of my development.

After my employer cut back on hours I sort of fell into the new degree by default. It took a few weeks to understand what I had got myself into. At the time I can say this revelation instilled a certain amount of foreboding at jumping straight into a third year university course. This aside, it has been a fortuitous endeavour that made me realise I can do this. It shows what even a mature age “gal” with mediocre high school results can achieve.

Design opened up a whole new world of colour, texture and creative possibilities. Learning has allowed me to broaden my thinking and be more confident within myself. Undertaking this degree will tick a personal achievement box and open up a plethora of possibilities like owning my own business or even one day to return to TAFE as a future design teacher. Watch this space!

Catherine Bolton

No comments:

Post a Comment