Tuesday 30 October 2012

Graphic Design and Communication Diploma Testimonial 2011

-->
After studying at NADC and completing my Diploma of Graphic Design and Communications, I’ve managed to get myself into the type of job I never thought I’d be fortunate enough to have.  I am now the Marketing Assistant for Howden Australia, an engineering company who design and produce fans, air pre-heaters and compressors to mines, power plants and gas and refrigeration plants. As well as Marketing Assistant, I’ve gathered some other roles within the company, like Communications Co-ordinator for Australia, Graphic Designer and the Howden model for a lot of the company’s promotional material.
In the 8 months I have been on this role, I have travelled to Bali, Mongolia and several places around Australia, met fantastic people from all over the world and experienced things I’ve never even dreamed of. I have even been offered a graphic design role by a magazine where I had submitted a full page advertisement for my company, as they were so impressed by my artwork, that they were willing to take me on board. I thank my brother so much for enrolling me into the Diploma of Graphic Design and Communications for seeing my potential talent, which was then moulded by my teachers at NADC, and allowed me to change my life for the better.
What I learnt at the TAFE gave me many necessary skills to be able to do my job successfully, skills which I use on a regular basis. The units we covered, which I’ve applied to my occupation the most include:
·       Branding
·       Advertising
·       Publications
·       Marketing
·       Photography
·       Preparing and executing presentations
·       Adobe programs like Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
·       Technical drawing and understanding perspective.
I enjoyed the learning experience NADC was able to provide me, as it not only assisted me in developing my skills listed above, but also helped me change careers, explore my creativity and boost my confidence. The teachers at NADC have created a low-ego environment, and have been nothing but friendly and constructive with their students. I have made friends who share my enthusiasm in design and the arts, who I met in class, and who are yet all so unique in their personalities and design styles.
Overall, I would recommend studying at NADC to anyone who would like to start or even change their careers to something creative and flexible. This course could take you anywhere. Literally. 
Patrizia Coluccio

No comments:

Post a Comment